The Adventurer - Issue #9
It’s The Adventurer: Every week, we send an email full of news, media, and who-knows-what (we don’t) – make sure to share all the fun with your friends and loved ones!
The Editor Welcomes You
(Well, he would have, but Thrik left the office in disgust after Devolver failed to provide Mojo with content this week.)
Week in Review
You know what we didn't get this week? A Return to Monkey Island trailer. Devolver instead spent a lot of time at something that apparently some people find funny and showed off a batch of (admittedly impressive looking) games.
On the plus side, DREAMM saw the light of day! Developed by Aaron Giles, this is the most authentic way to play DOS-based SCUMM games (and Curse of Monkey Island, too), provided you own the executables and run Windows. Read Aaron's introduction to the emulator on our forums. And keep checking Mojo: elTee may have a DREAMM article coming up today.
Poll of the Week
"Speculations abound about a potential Return to Monkey Island trailer during next week's Summer Game Fest -- what do YOU think?" 24% of you said nothing would be shown -- the remaining 76% got a nice taste of the type of disappointment only Monkey Island fans know and love.
Speculative Tweet of the Week
Is this all part of...
Grog! Grog! Grog!
elTee, Mojo’s resident mixologist, once again raids his liquor cabinet. This time: Everclear.
1 bottle of Everclear
Mix in your mouth, swallow and try to forget how you sat through twenty-five minutes of nonsense.
We hit up Marius for content again!
Quoth Marius after not having watched the trailer: "I drank root beer for this. 💀"
Last Week’s Mojole Solutions
Brand new! We now have Wildcard Days! Fewer than five letters; harder to solve!
03 June: “clown” – Like Ransome in Thimbleweed Park, and the one in Grim Fandango.
04 June: “kenny” – Annoying brat in CMI.
05 June: “whine” – Common reaction to Mojole.
06 June: “david” – … Grossman. Wait, did I already use that one?
07 June: “zland” – Michael Z Land. What does the Z stand for? No one knows.
07 June: “spiff” – Famous dog who was not ready for its closeup. [Editorial staff messed up -- it should of course have been "Spiffy." 🤷♂️]
08 June: “stan#” – Starting out easy with the first wildcard day!
09 June: “bros#” – The Venture Bros. Brock Samson appeared in Poker Night 2. (Common knowledge, I know.)
Become a Mojoer! (sponsored content)
Hey, kids, do you want to become one of us? Why not join our Patreon? One single dollar will make you a Friend of Mojo. And for the privileged few, there’s the $5 Diamond Club tier, which will earn you a special mention in The Adventurer. Join now! Our interns are hard at work finishing up the special mention section!